I suggest you ...

Allow purchased version to delete oldest backups first once backup drive is full.

Whenever the destination backup drive is full, Flashback stops backing up until space is cleared. Manually going back and deleting old backups takes a long time, and such a simple concept of allowing an option of deleting oldest backups automatically should be available to paying customers.

126 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • smgcirclesmgcircle commented  · 

My 4GB backup disk is full. Can someone please give me step by step directions on how to manually delete an older backup? Thanks very much.

• vdubgolf96vdubgolf96 commented  · 

This is ridiculous that Flashback can't do this. It's the most basic thing ever. My hard drive keeps filling up having to manually delete backups is a place where an error could happen.

• Tony BartholomaeusTony Bartholomaeus commented  · 

Yep, the Xeroweight guys claim that Flashback is "set and forget", but that's not really the case if this situation exists. Other high profile Windows based backup solutions fail here as well. I really hope Flashback will eventually get around this problem, it's one of only a few remaining issues that are preventing me recommending this software to my clients.

• PeterPeter commented  · 

AX64 used to consolidate incremental back-ups, does Flashback not do that? great program by the way. Is this case of me deleting backups manually?

Feedback and Knowledge Base