I suggest you ...

Fix the drivers

I am a 4 license holder. I thought I would try loading the latest build (703) of this software after experiencing problems in the past. I run Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit. "XWMount.sys" & "XWTrack.sys" Are recognized as unverified drivers at boot time, and Windows will not load them. Are you aware of this? Do you plan on fixing this?

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    BrettBrett shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • MikeMike commented  · 

So to answer my own question...

When you try and upgrade AX to Flashback and get the black boot screen and can go no further with the notice "Unverified Driver Signature".

Reboot and tap F8 to get into boot options mode. You will want to scroll down to Skip Verified Driver Signature Check near the bottom. It will now boot into Windows normally.

You can now update Windows. I do not know which update fixed the issue all I know is I skipped ALL .net / Frame work updates as well as any that were not Critical Security updates and one of them Did fix the signature issue.

Ideally you would do this before updating AX64 so you don't get the black boot halt.

I was also having other issues with removing AX64 from my system and getting BSOD but for that I posted a Q&A here if anyone else is having the same problem search the post for:

Windows 7 won't boot after uninstalling AX64 v2.0.0.528 BSOD stop code 7B

I can't insert a link to it.

• MikeMike commented  · 

Thanks Bret for the reply. I was hoping you knew 'which' Windows update fixed the unverified driver error. You must have batch updated Windows likely? I only asked as my Windows Update is stuck in perpetual loop and I'll have to manually update...

Great software and I ditched Windows Restore Point since using AX64 and it's saved my hide many times!

• MikeMike commented  · 

Hi Brett,

I'm also having the same issue. Can you elaborate on what Windows Update fixed this issue?

Thanks.

• BrettBrett commented  · 

Please ignore my comment. Support contacted me and let me know that I needed to update my Windows 7 installation and the software would work. They were right. Good fast support. I was away from this software for quite a while. This version is really good (for me) so far. I’m impressed. give it a try!

Feedback and Knowledge Base