I suggest you ...

Can't restore

OK I'm trialling your software, seemed good and I had faith in in. So much so that I backed up my whole drive and reset windows to default as it wasn't running well.

Now I can't get my files out of the Flashback recovery tool. When I "Mount" the drive, I don't have access to the users folder where all my stuff is, because I now have a new windows account (copying NTFS permissions??? WHY?!?!?!) Unfortunately, the mount is read only, so there's no way of changing the permissions from what I can see.

so I try other ways right click on the folder browser the only option is "track active item" - no idea what that means. In the folder contents view, I get three options - copy, open and properties. Open does the same as double click. Copy seems to copy the folder but not the contents to the clipboard. When I paste into windows explorer I get the folder that I copied but none of the contents.

The restore button is for restoring the ENTIRE DRIVE - I don't want my broken windows installation back thanks, just want all my music, photos and docs.

Export lets me make various virtual disk images (no iso image though - which would be helpful).

I think I have lost all my files and am devastated about it - please help!!! What am I missing here?

3 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)