I suggest you ...

Windows 7 won't boot after uninstalling AX64 v2.0.0.528 BSOD stop code 7B

After uninstalling AX64 v2.0.0.528 I reboot as asked and Windows 7 x64 fails to boot?

BSOD with STOP: 0x0000007B.

Check Disk passed. 7B error usually AHCI has been toggled to IDE or vice/versa in BIOS. Toggling did not resolve.

Any help would be appreciated as hours of trouble shooting the web has yielded nothing.

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    4jax4jax shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • MikeMike commented  · 

Answering my own question after a long time of trying to figure this out. I'm posting this in the event someone else comes across this who has the same problem and is looking for a solution.

1. Search the post for uninstalling AX64. They have put up a how-to. You will need to download v698 from the link they provided. Follow those instruction but that DID NOT fix the issue for me. You need to follow these steps if you are also having problems.

2. After you followed their instructions to install v698 overtop of existing setup and rebooting you will get the black screen halt. Unverified Driver. Reboot and press F8 and select Skip Driver Check near the bottom and continue to boot...

3. Now back in Windows you will continue as they said and uninstall version 5.x but DO NOT REBOOT!!

If you do you WILL NOT be able to boot your PC and will have to rollback with AX64.

4. Use Nirsoft Reg Scanner (free) to hunt down AXTrack.sys in the registry. I think it was 3 or 4 files found. Delete them.

5. Delete the AXTrack.sys file located in Windows\system32.

Reboot and you should be good to go.

In a nutshell uninstalling AX64 and rebooting was causing BSOD halt. If you don't clean out the leftover registry files before rebooting you will not be able to boot your computer. At least this was my experience and hope this helps someone.

Feedback and Knowledge Base