or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AdminIsso (admin, AX64) commented  · 

Hi Sam,

As Froggie shared in his comments, you cannot delete the backups manually from the "my backups" folder. This is typical of incremental backup software.

On the other hand, you can currently delete backups from within the app's "backup browser". Simply right click on a snapshot and click delete.

In v3, we will add the following features which will solve this problem:

-Bulk delete of snapshots from within backup browser (select multiple backups at once to delete)
        -Automatic deletion of oldest backup when hard drive is coming towards full

Thanks!

• Froggie commented  · 

Sam, I'm sorry but that is the design criteria for INCREMENTAL snapshotting which AX64 uses. Each INCREMENTAL is based on the last one, not the baseline. Due to that dependency, InCREMENTALS may not be deleted without affecting the created backup chain. That's why when you do it UNDER AX64, it performs a MERGE operation moving changes from the INCREMENTAL being deleted to the one following it... this takes time. Without doing that, the chain will be broken and useless after the point of the break.

Feedback and Knowledge Base